The 3rd Annual Global Conference on Disability and Islam will be held on Saturday August 20/2022 online.
We've heard from many of you over the past weeks and have decided to extend the deadline for submitting your proposal as a presenter until Monday July 25.
If there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know. Key information regarding your submission:
Extended Deadline: July 25/2022 at 11:59 EST
Use this link to submit http://www.tinyurl.com/GCDI2022apply
This year’s theme is “Inclusive Leadership” and is focused on the importance of having people with disabilities at the forefront of policy and decision making. Building from last year's theme, "Nothing about us, without us", it is important that people with disabilities believe in their potential as leaders, and as a society we need to ensure that leadership opportunities exist for them too.
Applications will be judged on relevancy, ingenuity, and current and potential cultural and business and community impact.
Presenters have the option to include their presentation for publication in the Journal of Disability and Islam
The topics related to this year’s theme of Inclusive Leadership are as follows:
• Inclusive Leadership in Islamic History and Prophetic Traditions
• Supported Leadership (Accommodation and Accessibility)
• Leadership in Accessibility and Innovation• Disability and Islamic Spiritual Practice
• Inclusion of Muslims with Disabilities in Muslim Spaces
• Leadership in providing services for those with Intellectual Disabilities
• Leadership for Deaf Muslims
• Access to Quran Studies & Memorization for People with Disabilities• Arts/Culture for Muslim with Disabilities
• Marriage and Disability
• Parenting and Disability• Zakat and People with Disabilities
• Leadership in Safeguarding those with Disabilities• Mentors and Leadership Programs for Muslim with Disabilities• Entrepreneurship, Financial Independence,
• Employment, and Social Enterprises opportunities
• Fiqh Issues related to Disability
• Leadership in Sports & Recreation for Muslim with Disabilities
• Islamic Education and Scholarship for Muslims with Disabilities
• Leadership in Islamic Psychology, Mental Health, and Healing Practices
• Islamic Law and Disability (inheritance, custody, etc.)
• Leadership in DawahThank you and looking forward to your proposal soon.
Again, the closing date for submitting your proposal is July 25th, 2022. Submit here http://www.tinyurl.com/GCDI2022apply
(Sourec: Deen Support Services)